As Bangladesh Bank set emphasized priority on foreign remittance mobilization our bank has taken number of initiative to provide better service to our foreign remitter. Beneficiaries can receive instant cash remittance from the branches of BCB throughout the country. Our bank has arrangement with following widely used organization for instant cash remittance:
- Sender goes to a Western Union/Xpress Money/MoneyGram location at the sending country.
- Sender fill up the TSM (To Send Money) form with valid photo ID* and information (provides information: sender's name and address, receiver's name and address destination country name, and amount sent).
- Transaction is processed by the sent side (send country) FLA-Front Line Associates are the nominated officers at the agent locations who process the Western Union transactions.
- Transaction details are sent to Western Union/Xpress Money/MoneyGram system and MTCN number (10 digits for Western Union, 8 digits for MoneyGram, 16 digits for Xpress Money,13 digits for Transfast,11 digits for IME, 12 digits for Placid and 11 digits for RIA) is generated. FLA shares the MTCN with the sender
Sender Communicates the MTCN number, amount sent, sender's name and address, receiver's name, country name (where the money is sent from) to the Receiver.
- Receiver goes to a Western Union agent office to receive the money.
- Receiver fill up the TRM (To Receive Money) form with valid photo ID* and copy of the same. Also provide the mandatory/Key information: receiver's name and address, sender's name and expected amount, where the money is sent from and the MTCN.
- FLA checks the information in the Western Union/Xpress Money/MoneyGram system and verifies the details with the TRM form and the valid photo ID (National ID/Voter ID, Passport, Driving Licences, Govt. Organization Employee ID, Armed Forces ID)
FLA finally hands over the payment in cash along with copy of TRM form and money receipt.
If Remitter / beneficiary have account with BCB they can transfer money through SWIFT.